Sunday, April 15, 2012
Lots of work from the new agency means few (or no) blog posts. I have been off for two weeks for Easter but that has been mainly catching up with little Finley who is growing so fast, and is now attempting to crawl (although not that sucessfully yet) housework and gardening, plus sewing.
I am getting into altering patterns and sewing better fits, although my only finished article so far was a sorbetto top that first wear the cat managed to pull lots of threads on, so it is now filed neatly in the bin :( I have spent a lot of time researching altering methods and patterns though and I am now ready to plan out what I intend to make. Inspired by Coletterie I am making my 'mood board' here as my attempts in photoshop didnt work out too good.
My up and coming colour palette is based on fabric I have already bought for couple of projects and what is already in my wardrobe. Most of my summer clothes are dark blue, turquise or white, so I am adding a bit of red (to coincide with the Queens Jubilee this year).
I bought the Burda Sailor Pants pattern and my first pair fit beautifully so I now want to make a pair in red to go with the Sailor top that I have always wanted.
I may go with their newish version featured in the Burdastyle mag instead though.
I didnt realise until I was looking for something completly different that I actually had a pattern for a sailor top, tucked in the back of my stash of very old Make It Easy part work mags from the '80's
To make a bit of mix and match in the wardrobe, and because my much loved white denim skirt is starting to fall to bits, I want to make Simplicity 2499 veiw A in white denim. I have also bought Simplicity 4026 which I would love to make view A because I am in love with this top from Tess Designs.
I will need to do a muslin though as the pattern is really sized for knits only.
On to dresses. I started the Colette Handbook sew-a-long but realised that most of the patterns wouldnt suit my bodyshape. I was desperate to make a 1950's full skirt dress though but couldnt find a vintage one on ebay that I liked. Inspiration suddenly struck, why not use the top of the Colette Truffle but add the full skirt to it! I am halfway through a muslin, if it doesn't work I am going for Vogue 1172
as I found some beautiful light blue with darker blue poppies fabric in the thrift shop that is just right.
And the two items I already have sitting in my queue all ready to be started on. Two vintage dresses.
This in a lovely drapy type fabric.
And this in a soft cotton print.
We are off to Centre Parcs with Laura, Wayne, Wayne's parents and little Finley for 4 days as of tomorrow so only a bit of cross stitch is going with me.