Friday, April 22, 2011

Peg bag


I finally finished my peg bag. It was inspired by one I saw in a shop for £14!

Its the first time I have tried machine applique and it was lots of fun. I hand drew the little clothes and chalked all the rest straight onto the fabric to machine sew. I dont have an embrodery machine but the button hole stitch turned out to be just about right!


The pattern was free of the net and the material was from a bundle of fat quarters half price in the hobbycraft sale. Aside from the applique bits I only used 1 fat quater for the bag and half of another to make the bias binding. The lining was an old bit of sofa cushion material.

1 comment:

danemi1 said...

oh that is so sweet - was it hard to do? take long??? I keep thinking I need to do a peg bag - I have some CK fabric left and it would make pegging the washing out a lot more pleasureable - lol so lovely to see yours - thank you x