Thursday, March 01, 2018

Snowy days and time to blog

So once again I have been away from my blog for quite some time, despite wanting to get down to some serious regular posting. The reason is that I have been very poorly.

In a final bit of celebrating for our joint 60th's we had booked a fantastic trip to San Diago ending in a week in Las Vegas with Laura, Wayne and the boys. We arrived to find a fantastic villa complete with swimming pool, water fall, hot tub, mini golf, climbing wall, slides outdoor kitchen, telly and bbq!  I enjoyed it for four days before falling seriously ill and having to be blue lighted to the hospital. 

It turns out I had pancreatitis caused by gall stones blocking the pancreatic duct. The pancreatitis had attacked practically every bit of my body including my lungs and in total I spent 4 days in ICU, another 17 days in the hospital and had to have my gall bladder removed whilst in the USA (thank goodness for good travel insurance). It took a while to be allowed back to England and then it turns out I still have a very large cyst on my pancreas but the NHS moves very slowly and I am still waiting to hear about my referral and although I have managed 2 days back at work, am still in pain and not any where near recovered. 

So blogging has really been the last thing on my mind.

However with all the snow we are having at the moment there is little else to do than spend time in my craft room.  Kelly and I have been having mini crops together and joining in the virtual kits and classes run by ATDML. As we were unsure what the kits would be like we had contrived to do the classes sharing the kits but I think next month we are going to have whole kits to ourselves, as although we have managed, it has taken some thinking through and we have maybe lost a little in the attempt. 

Here are my efforts from both January and February. 

January class 2 Ann.



I didn't have a kit for this one so used whatever was to hand. Me at my husband's 25 year service award dinner.


January Class 3 Debbie Jewell. 



Because Kelly and I shared a kit it took some time to work out how to cut the paper so we both got enough each for the class. Unfortunately we didn't take into account the directionality of the print on the blue tree paper so I ended up doing my LO mirror image. I still like it though. 
My mum throwing snowballs at Laura and the dog after taking Laura to physio for her back injury (I bet a snowball fight really helped lol)


February Class 1 with Mel






 I loved both these classes, but again cutting the paper proved a challenge and because I wanted the flowers to show but discovered my triangles were cut back to front again the LO was mirror imaged. I also put my photo in the middle as I felt it caught the eye better there. I also threw in a few of my own chipboard letters and stickers.

My dad and Finley enjoying a joke together.
Finley playing cars, both photos taken during the time that he and his parents lived at our house.




February Class 2 Tricia 



I loved the look of both these classes,  but realise I do really dislike fussy cutting. Those swirly flowers took forever. All my LO's seem to be of Finley this time round but that is because I am working on my 2013 album before we were graced with Beckett so this time its a sleepy Finley and then a girly picture to fit in with the pink and flowers of my big girlie and a new born Finley. 

Not a class



This one isn't a class from ATDML but a pagemap sketch with some papers in my scraps drawer, and yes another Finley photo for that '13 album.

No comments: