Thursday, September 18, 2008

Followers

I have just added Followers to my sidebar, what an interesting new blog development? Should be interesting.
Goose Fair Apparently my Son-in-law Ollie wants to know why I have not updated my blog. I have actually got an account of our weekend outing to Challock Lee's Goose Fair to add, but I have been covering in a school in Deal, a round trip of nigh on 60 miles a day, and have done full time for the last week and a half. I have also had to do half the planning for the class, so I simply havent found time or energy to update. The lady I am replacing is on Jury service, so I have at least another half a week work there if not more, dependant on the case she is judging.

So, to my weekend. Saturday was spent catching up on housework as the house looked like a bomb had hit it with Laura moving back in and me not being around. I also had to sort out the bedroom for Laura properly, getting hangers down out the attic, putting boxes and spare beds back up there, etc. etc just so she could fit in. I finally got to do a decent food shop too, I dont think the fridge has been properly full since Christmas.


On Sunday since I had it in my head that Martin was working, I persuaded my mum and dad to come with me to Challock goose fair. I wrote about this a couple of years back, I had really enjoyed it and wanted to go again. Turns out it was something dad had always wanted to go to anyway. The weather was fab, and the place was packed, yet we managed to get a parking place near the gate,. The first thing we watched was the dog racing, and this year, knowing how fast those hounds run I positioned myself in a much better place to get some photos. Dad was pretty impressed with the owls, and the traction engines,
and I was facinated by these little critters. This was a new event to us, can you spot it? Its an egg hurling competition! Anyone willing to run the risk of getting covered in egg could enter. I think it was meant to be a lot messier, but the soft ground and the brilliant throwers and catchers meant only one person ended up with egg on their face! We were dissappointed that we couldnt see the goose herding on the timetable of events. Neither had we discovered where the dog show was being held. Loads and loads of lovely dogs wandered around but no show, until we got back out in the carpark to discover it being held there.
We had a great day out, and dad finally admitted he wanted a new dog himself to replace Charlie dog, and would be going off to get one asap. We dropped in to see Kelly and Ollie on the way home, making me even later than ever getting in, only to discover Martin had not been at work at all, but at golf. Boy was I in trouble for not getting that right, and being out when he got home!!! Ooops!!

No comments: