Thursday, December 01, 2011

Tim's tag time!!

Woo its that time of year again already.

Sir Tim insists that his tags are not to sell goodies but to fire our creativity and imaginations. Well the stunning tag he has started us all on this morning certainly fired something as the only 'ingredient' I actually owned in the whole mess of things required to make it, was the new iced spruce distress ink!!

So here is my attempt, and how I made it

I dont own any core co'ordination cardstock so I cut my tag by hand out of some blue bazill. The only snow embossing folder I own is Snow dots, so I spent quite a bit of time attempting to make an embossing folder by cutting snowflakes out of thick card with my little bug. Unfortunately my mats have seen better days and couldnt hold the card still enough to do the intricate designs so after an hour I had to resort to the snow dots embossing folder after all.

I still used the embossing tecnique that Tim highlights on his blog although I dont have a ranger pad and the embossing powder I used was white opaque Stamp 'n stuff. I couldnt sand the paper so juts rubbed some Stamping up rouge ink over the top, followed by the Iced spruce.

For the pine cones I used a free svg from Paper Scissors Ink for a 3d rolled rose. It seemed to work, despite being on my last glue gun stick and having to use a cocktail stick to poke it Reeves acylic paint (no paint daubbers) to add the snow effect and some star dust stickles (right product, wrong colour).

For the Noel, I hunted and hunted for a font I liked (another hour lost to the net) finally settling on Laurenscript. I welded the letters to a scroll I found lurking in my hard drive using SCUT 2. I cut two layers out of cardstock and another layer out of silver glitter paper (tip Tim, even easier than your tip for avoiding glitter).

For the banner I stamped an Artimio music background stamp onto some white copy paper, rubbed over with vintage photo distressing ink and cut out by eye.
I spent another hour or so hunting through my hard drive and the net to find the right leaves to cut out, but apart from the larger ones, I ended up using a punch and a holly scroll svg.

These too were all dry painted with white acylic and then given a dusting of decorart glamour dust A couple of beads from my bead box (and I thought the tag needed a little red to lift it a bit, and voila!!

No comments: