Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Two more tags

I have to admit I really shouldnt be playing tags with Sir Tim as I have quite a few other projects that really aught to take priority (such as the bits for decorating the home made hamper I am making or the dress I am supposed to be making to wear on Christmas Day), but since I woke up at 5:30 am and couldnt get to sleep, I thought what the heck.

Since I can list the amount of Ranger products I have on the fingers of my hands (11 distress inks, no re-inkers, 2 distress stains, 5 alcohol ink colours, 7 distress stickle colours and a few nearly empty ordinary stickle colours) once again I was into improvisation on a grand scale.

Tag 2


This one was fairly easy. I simply used a sheet music background stamp (same one used on tag 1) and then rubbed white acrylic paint across it using a damp baby wipe. I t left a nice chalky effect and a similar texture to the one Tim created. I stamped the Hero Arts christmas sentiment (in Tea dye distress ink) across it first and heat embossed with clear embossing powder so that it was resistant to the paint.

The Holly was part of a larger Papermania stamp and at last, I had the right products to colour it in with!!

No canvas material so I cut the deer on my cricut out of some gold paper I had in my stock. It wouldnt take the ink even when I tried distress stain so its not got that lovely 3D colour effect Tim got, but he's still pretty neat.

Iwas tempted to cut a chunk off the artificial christmas tree for the wreath but settled on punching out a kerzillion small holly leaves and glueing them all in place.

I was being a bit lazy when it came to the trim a the bottom and decided to simply go with the bit of ribbon.

Tag 3


Sometimes not having all the resources actually makes these tags way simpler. No stamp or embossing folder like Sir T I simply used lots of Hero Arts sentiments, putting them all together on a large block and then inking each different colours.

A generous spray of glimmer mist gave a pretty good background

I hand cut the holly leaves (attacking them with both walnut stain and peeled paint distress stains) and the scroll, and used candy cane stickle for the berries (I didnt have any red alcohol inks, and although I could have used my promarkers to colour some gems I couldnt see the point when stickles do the job equally as well.)


1 comment:

Carolyn Phillips said...

Those are both great.