Friday, February 26, 2010


I have only ever made two canvasses and they were a pair that I made for my mum and dad, I enjoyed doing them but they were never going to be something I really 'got' into. I was invited to a surprise party for my cousin and his wife as they celebrated their respective 50th birthdays, and completely stuck for something to give them, I managed to convince them to give me a photo of themselves and made them this as a pressy.

I painted the canvas with a mix of green and white Reeves acrylic and then set to, making most of my own embelishements (with the help of my trusty little cricut).

It took quite a while to put all the different colours of glitter on the butterfly because each colour had to dry before the next could be applied.

Lots of layering to add texture - SU! Ribbon needed my sewing machine to make all the pleats, I even put a couple of lines of stitchng around the MME paperand everything needed copics to colour and blend.

I coloured the tiny butterflies with my sakura souffle pens

I also made each of them a card.

For Gary - fairly plain as blokie chap cards are hard to do. A few stickers and a stamp coloured with copic pens

For Gill - a bit more work. The mat I cut on my cricut and then threaded with thin ribbon, the fairy is a rub-on (I have had in my stash a few years, and the vine flowers have been collecting dust for even longer. K&Co papers and the title is a studio g stamp.

Half term week was quite busy, Martin had the week off as he still has holiday to use up before April, the weather wasnt brilliant for holidaying. I spent a couple of mornings helping Laura
as they are still painting and decorating like mad to get the house finished before next week.

We spent an hour or so in Leeds Castle as we thought there were events going on for half term. They weren't in evidence but these fellas were cute to take photos of.

We had a trip out to the Papermill so I could get some cardstock to make some New Home cards for Ollie and Kelly as their big moving day also arrived. packing all this lot up was hard work even with the four of us and the two removal guys.

And unloading was even less fun. We skipped our promised lunch in the Harvester as we thought we needed to be at the house for the removal van, but the previous owners had not finished their loading, so it was sausage and chips in the car. By the time we did get to unload it was gone half 3 and torrential rain was coming down. By 7 Kelly was in her new kitchen surrounded by boxes though.

1 comment:

lyzzydee said...

lovely canvas!!