Sunday, June 19, 2011

Crops v fathers day.

This weekend, over at ATDML there is a cybercrop going on with 12 brilliant brilliant classes and a few challenges with prizes thrown in. Now from my selfish point of view I think this is very bad timing as I am desperate to get out the paper and glue and scrap away for hours. Instead though since the weekend clashes with Father's Day I spent yesterday shopping, cleaning and baking in order to have the kids and their spouses over for an afternoon/evening of bubbles and pizza.

I did have a great time with the family though, we had build your own pizza which in my tiny kitchen is always cause for either a laugh or lots of bad tempers. Yesterday we went for the laugh (although I think towards the 'getting very hungry' stage a few tempers were getting a tad stretched, especially when we run out of pizza base mix and had to send out for more!).

So this morning, after I had once again cleared the kitchen, and been out to buy and deliver my own Father's day gift, I finally got to play in the craft room.

The first class on Friday caused me all sorts of problems to start off with, I found the perfect photos but in the poor light of my craft room couldnt really see the papers I was choosing and it wasnt until Sat. morning that I discovered they didnt match each other at all. I couldnt get either knife/ruler or my woodware cutter to cut a straight line for love nor money.

Eventually I finished it off this morning and am more than pleased with it despite the problems with it. A great class and one I would use again for multiple photos.

Supplies Fancy pants Key Lime paper, Bazille, thickers, papermania holographic butterflies, free magazine stickers,

Photos from when Kelly and I went to London for a free studio photo shoot.

The first challenge was a tag inspired layout or card, which was great since I needed to make cards for both my dad and my Father-in-law. This is a little bit of a cheat as the tag comes from a tag swap I did way back in 2003 when I first joined UKS. Unfortunely it doesnt have the name of whoever made it on it for me to credit and I cant find the notes I made at the time. It certainly inspired this card though.



The second card followed the sketch challenge the girls put up, and after going through lots of scraps I finally found these papers and also rediscovered why I hate rub-ons.



Just to finish off for the moment, one more song for the 30 day challenge. This is Day 25, a song that makes you laugh. I first heard this when my uncle in Australia came over for a visit and dragged my dad round shops looking for it on vynl. He finally tracked down a copy and played it on my parents radiogramme which shows how long ago it was. It works so wonderfully with the irish accent and I can listen to it time and time again and still end up with tears running down my face from laughing so hard. Enjoy.



Murphy's bricks (The Barrel Song)

1 comment:

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Glad you have managed to play along albeit not as much as you would have liked. The classes will be staying up indefinately so you will be able to do any you like in your own time xx