Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First this year

2008!

Gosh last year went so fast!

We had our friends Jan and Trev over to help us see out the old year and the new one in.I had made a huge buffet and we chatted, played Rummikub and then taught Trev how to use the Wii.

This took a while as the controllers needed reconfiguring from when they were used at the Cricket club on Wayne's Wii, and we couldn't find the handbook! The flat batteries in the remotes didn't help either LOL


Trev - who hates all new technology with a passion - was sceptical at first but once we got onto the bowling and forced him to have a go, loved it. In fact we had to insist on stopping to watch Big Ben and those fantastic fireworks. A quick rendition of Auld Lang Sign and he had us playing again until gone 1.30 am!!


Of course those phone messages take awhi
le to come through on NYE and just as I got to sleep another one arrived at 2.39am, waking me up. So today I have a splitting headache from lack of sleep. NOT from drinking I might add, as we were so involved in the games I only drank one glass of wine.

It was a good evening though.


No finished projects to upload today but I do have 3 on the go at the moment. This is the start of a word book I am making using my papers from the Christmas Kit Sw
ap I organised on the Pad.

1 comment:

~Kathryn~ said...

just saw your link at the LOAD forum so thought i'd pop by to say hello

and to prove it's a small world - i know 'heather' who is on your blog list

cheers
~Kathryn~
http://www.gettingmykicks.wordpress.com