Saturday, February 09, 2008

making templates

Some days I dont know where the day has gone. I certainly havent filled it with much.

I started doing a little housework but Laura phoned to say mum and dad were on the way over to collect me and take me to her place. When we arrived they were on their way round to look at the property they have just had an offer accepted on. Eager to continue their property development career, they intend to knock down the 1930's bungalow and replace it with two detached 3 bed houses. The present bungalow still has many original features, including carpets and wallpaper, and judging by the pink and white bathroom, original tiles. It really didnt deserve any more than to be flattened after salvage. Its more of a shame that the mature garden with its 6 or 7 apple trees, and thousands of plants, bulbs and fruits has to go. But if they can put two 3 bed dwellings on the plot of a 2 bed bungalow and create more decent family homes then all power to them.

I came home and since it was more like May then Feb, I planted out the raspberry canes I bought last week, some asparagus, strawberries and sewed a few seeds. I washed the greenhouse and weeded some of the garden.

Finally I taught myself to make a template in photoshop. Now all I need to do is design some. This LO is from a template, inspired by the challenge on Vera Lim's blog. I cant take part in it as I dont have any of her kits but I liked the idea of scrapping on black so thought I would have a go.


Template by Trish Heffner at Templates and More
Background paper Tamara Diepeveen aka MoonCatcher
Lots of brushes and some shadows and bevels added.

1 comment:

Lyzzydee said...

Lovely Layout, I am useless with heritage photos!!