Wednesday, December 03, 2008

So much to blog and

so little time.

Just as I want to get my christmas decorations up, finish off my cards, wrap my presents and buy those last few gifts, after 3 weeks of no work, I finally get some! Today I had planned to give Martin heaps of jobs on his day off, and I was off out with mum and dad to the pointsettia walk at the nursery at Staple, on to the farm shop to get our christmas winter veg, and then to Westward cross to nab those last few things on my present list. Not to be as I got a last minute supply teacher request.

I have got quite a bit done already though, most of the decorations are up, despite being ill asleep in bed all of sunday. And all but a few things have been bought and wrapped already. My cards are all but made, addressed and ready to be posted.

A good thing really as wedding plans are also creating a list of things to do. Laura and Wayne have spent two weeks searching for and buying Laura a new car, that turned up on Friday so with that out of the way, they set to getting the problem of the venue sorted out. We took a trip out to the re-opened Howfield Manor, a place I had taken Laura to way back when we first started looking, only to be dissappointed as it had gone into the hands of the recievers. Apparently they re-opened in January though but had not really advertised, so we were lucky to discover a small advert for christmas parties which got us back over there.


Both Wayneand Laura love it. The only trouble is that their date is already booked, but they are so in love with the place that they have talked to the vicor and moved the date of the wedding back a week. Goodie more time to diet!


So with that sorted Laura then wanted to go to the local wedding shop to look at gowns as they were having a sale. Not to give too much away but she got a beautiful dress for a bargin price, and there is no worry about having to wait for it to be made in time as it is already there and just needing a few slight alterations.


That leaves shoes, veil, jewelry, mens suits, bridesmaid dresses, cars, cake, flowers, presents, honeymoon, my outfit ......... oh heck!

Kelly took another exam and feels she has done well but wont know until february. She has another exam next week.

No comments: