Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ups and Downs

I've not really felt like blogging, well not really felt like doing much at all. I always feel like this about January and February, but this week I have had a mouth full of ulcers which have made me feel really down. I have been gargling with TCP and mouth wash, got through a whole tube of Bongela and cleaned my teeth at least 5 times a day in the hope of encouraging my gums to heal quicker. Its still sore today but at least not excruciating agony, and it did help me loose 2lb this week as it was a tad difficult to eat.

On the up side I phoned a private foster care agency yesterday, worried that our knock back from the LEA foster care dept would prevent us from being considered. But no, the lady was very encouraging and is going to send out a pack. So we may not have to wait 6 months to start the process all over again. Plus this lady assured me they expect to get their carers trained within 6 mnths - it took the LEA 8 months just to get our medicals done.

Wayne and Laura took me to the pictures on Tuesday. We were supposed to be taking my mum for a birthday treat but those two can never get themselves organised. The first time they went on holiday together they were still looking on the internet for places to go on the Monday of the holiday. In the end they just got in the car with a change of clothes - no coats- and just drove, with no idea where they were going. Anyway their chosen way of going to the pictures is to just go to the multiplex and decide what they are going to see when they get there depending on the time. I didnt think my mum would go for that idea so just the three of us went.
We ended up seeing The Pursuit of happyness, not a film I would have been likely to choose to see, but I am so glad I did. It sent you through a roller coaster of emotions, humourous to down right laugh out loud bits, sadness, anger, and bought you to tears. Will Smith's son certainly has an acting career ahead of him if he so desires but the thing that stuck with me was Will himself. Only ever having seen him in comedy slots I didnt realise what a brilliant, beautiful straight actor he was. So if you get the chance to go see it, do.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I sympathise Yizz - I've had just one mouth ulcer this week so poor you having a whole mouthful. :(

(I've heard "Pursuit of Happyness" is good from other people too.)