Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Layouts and photos

I have been a bit lazy at uploading my photos and Layouts (couldnt be bothered to walk downstairs to collect the camera, how bad/sad is that?). But I have finally got round to it. My latest LO is for the sketch challenge at ATDML which amazingly for me Is managed to make from scratch in one evening, and that includes sorting all my stickers out!




Photos: My lovely Son-in-Law Ollie, hard at work in the garden.
cardstock: SU! Mellow moss
SU! Crossgrain ribbon
MME Bloom and Grow pp
MME Bloom and Grow flower corner stamp embossed with variety of powders
Stickers: variety left over from other stuff, I think the flowers were from a card kit free on a mag.
Rub ons: Some basic grey, and the stitched effect from the poundshop (all very old stash) Title cut using cricut from Brush Strokes font



Second layout should have been up ages ago as it was for the ATDML first sketch challenge, but I hadnt worked out how to make the name plate for the title of the LO, so I put it to one side and ..... left it there. I finally finished it last night.



Photo: my geogeous younger daughter Laura and her Australian guest Gemma pp: MME Bloom and Grow Die cut and title cut using cricut using George font and a party ding


And finally 52 in 10

Ok I did say I wasnt sure how this was going to go as I really dont do BOM, but the first prompt really inspired me. I started off digi just incase it really wasnt for me, but decided on prompt 2 that I really would have a go with paper, and I thought I had a lot of Crate pp to use up. Well I did try, honest I did, but even thought the concept and the prompt were brilliant, I just couldnt do it. When it came to the journalling part I was just completely stumped, and actually felt quite silly talking to myself.

So I am very sorry Dolly but as fantastic as your project is, and I can definately see it is a fab project, it just isnt one for me. And as it turned out I didnt have that much Crate pp left anyway.

However this is as far as I got with prompt two and aside from the journalling I am quite pleased with it. I am stood in my childhood garden at Motney Hill, the front garden was huge and double fronted. My dad would turn one side over to dahlia's (hence the large blousy flower in the LO) and potatoes while the other side was very long grass and weedy flowerbeds with hollyhocks, flag iris and pinks in them.There was a largish rose buch as the end which we were not supposed to go near because of the long thorns but we used to pick them to make rose water anyway.

I am wearing a yellow velvet dress (I think my mum made it) which had gold ric-rak for trim on it, which was rather itchy. Mum says I loved this dress but my memories of it are iferent. I hated the colour (I still dont do yellow) the trim round the neck was itchy and when I first got it, it was way too big and the neck kept falling down, but by the time I filled out and the top fitted the waist was too small and the neck still kept falling down. I did have a striped drop waist dress that I think mum is getting confused with, as that one I did love and was really upset about when it finally no longer would go over my head.

I chose the paper to match the dress colour and I did use a quote about life, which I wrote out lots of times in photoshop, dropped the opacity and then printed on the yellow crate. I used some chalk to knock back the colour a bit.


Finally photos from my 365 challenge which should have been uploaded with the blog posts but (see above) weren't.



Outside of the opticians, the day Martin went to have his eyes tested



Having a laugh at the panto

Question of the day over at the Pad, what is on your key ring, so my picture of the day is my keys

I walked up to Sainsbury yesterday and thought I would try a few arty shots - got some funny looks from the trolley boy though.

Saturday I went over the house and helped out, I painted whilst Laura tiled.

No comments: