Thursday, December 21, 2006

On the 21st day of christmas

My SS sent me some large blossoms in lovely pastel colours. I am really pleased with these because I have been admiring some of the Aussie girls 3D work, especially Carole Janson and they use lots of these so now I can play.

And I got tagged by Scrapdolly.

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate I am a self confessed chocoholic

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
White icicles outside the window. coloured lanterns round the porch, coloured on both trees (we have a real one in the lounge and a fake one on the landing) white lights up the staircase, coloured ones on the landing, and red santa's in the dining room. Can you tell I like lights?

Do you hang mistletoe?
No

When do you put your decorations up?
The first weekend in december but the tree goes up later because the central heating would kill it off too soon. It usually takes me about 3 days to do on and off because I decorate all the house.

What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I loves me roast turkey

What's your favourite Christmas memory as a child:
Waking up early to open my stocking

How and When did you learn the truth about Santa?
I dont remember but I suspect my brother told me

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No - that would be norty and santa wouldnt come.


How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Angel first then lights. After that the kids do the rest of the stuff, we have christmas music on and mince pies and mulled wine on the go as we do it.

Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Hate it with a passion. This stems from a field study course I went on in Wales when I was in the sixth form where it snowed every time we left the youth hostel but we still had to walk over mountains in blizzard conditions. It was so cold it broke the temp testing equipment!

Can you ice skate?
Yes - very slowly and not often because it makes my ankles ache. We used to go up to Stretham on a Sunday morning when I first started going out with DH.

Do you remember your favourite gift?
No, I just love getting any pressie.

What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
I love it all

What is your favourite Christmas dessert?
My FIL makes the puddings to a secret recipe handed down from his mum. It has enough alcohol in it to run a pub and is soooo yummy.

What is your favourite holiday tradition?
The crib service on Christmas ever incorporating the Christingle and a navity play at our local church

What tops your tree?
An angel

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Both.

What is your favourite Christmas Song?
Bing Crosby singing White Christmas

What is your favourite Christmas story?
Twas the night before christmas

So now I am tagging Shirleen!

1 comment:

scrapdolly said...

Loved reading the answers Yizz
Thanks for playing and I wish youa nd the family a really magical Christmas and a happy, peaceful and successful new year xxx